Project Manager: Mike DeBennette
Civil Engineer: Adriana Webb
- Replace existing metal culverts under Blackthorn Drive with new
- Install approximately 650 linear feet of new 12-inch to 18-inch storm sewer
- Install high capacity drainage inlets to reduce local flooding
- Replace approximately 1,500 linear feet of 8-inch PVC water main, including new 1 ½-inch water services and new b-box at the property line
- Resurfacing asphalt roadway
- Concrete curb and gutter and sidewalk repairs as needed
- Driveway apron replacement as needed
- Restore disturbed areas of parkway with sod
Project information and updates
Public Open House Design Meeting: Held Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Resident Preconstruction Meeting: Held April 16, 2018.
Contractor: PirTano Construction Inc.
Project blog: Weekly updates can be found on the project blog at: https://blackthornimprovements.blogspot.com/
Project map: Click here
- Water main and service replacement (3 to 4 weeks)
- Storm sewer installation (1 to 2 weeks)
- Box culvert replacement (1 to 2 weeks) after June 18
- Curb & gutter replacement (1 to 2 weeks), one side of the street at a time
- Roadway patching and binder (1 to 2 weeks) after July 4
- Landscape restoration (1 week) after Labor Day
- Asphalt resurfacing (1 week)
- September 28, 2018 – project completion
Schedule may be revised due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Work outside these hours will require Village approval.