Village of Glenview staff have begun drafting the Village's municipal budget for the 2018 calendar year.
The Village's cost-containment strategies since the 2008 recession have put officials in the position of being able to focus on how best to invest in capital resources in the coming years from a sustainable source of revenue.
Public input is invited and sought throughout the budget-making process.
Budget review and adoption schedule
All meetings take place at Village Hall, 2500 East Lake Avenue
- 7 p.m. Monday, September 11 – Village financial overview
- 7 p.m. Thursday, October 5 – Operating budget review
- 7 p.m. Thursday, October 26 – Review of Capital Improvements Program
- 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, November 21 – 2017 tax levy public hearing, Special Service Areas and abatement ordinances
- 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 5 – 2018 budget public hearing, final 2017 tax levy consideration and abatement ordinances