The Village of Glenview is partnering with homeowners to reduce the overall skunk population within the Village. The program is designed to provide financial reimbursement to homeowners who choose to work with licensed wildlife control companies to remove skunks from their properties.
- Homeowners must enter into a contract for services from a licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator (NWCO) through the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. The contract must include the placement and monitoring of traps and the cost of skunk removal from individual residential properties. Skunks trapped by a homeowner through an ILDNR temporary permit are not eligible for payment.
- Any costs in the contract related to the inspection of the property, trap set-up and monitoring, and home repairs needed to mitigate dens or the like will be the responsibility of the homeowner.
- If a trap is set by a licensed operator and captures a skunk, the Village will reimburse the homeowner up to a maximum of $75 for each skunk trapped or the removal price quoted in the contract, whichever is less.
- The Village will not reimburse residents for the costs of trapping any other wildlife. Homeowners are encouraged to talk with their chosen NWCO to clarify how they will be billed for this activity.
- To request reimbursement, all of the following information must be submitted to Brent Troxell, Assistant to the Village Manager, at Village Hall, 2500 East Lake Avenue, Glenview IL 60026 or by email to email@example.com
- A completed reimbursement request form from the homeowner
- A copy of the contract between the homeowner and the NWCO
- A copy of the receipt documenting the date of the skunk removal and the cost for each skunk.
Homeowners can request reimbursement for skunks removed after September 15, 2017. The documentation required for reimbursement as set forth above will apply. The program will end December 31, 2017 or when funds are exhausted.