You can find the Senior Service Coordinator on the lower level of the Village Hall, 1225 Waukegan Road. The Coordinator, Kimberly Hand
, MS, CMC, is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. to provide information and specialized services to older adults and their families. This service is provided through a contractual agreement with the North Shore Senior Center
paid for by the Village of Glenview.
Information available through this service includes:
- Counseling about concerns of older adults and their family members.
- Care management for older individuals living independently at home.
- Support groups for individuals and family members dealing with health issues such as Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease and with vision and hearing loss.
- Elder abuse intervention and prevention.
- Supportive services in the home such as housekeeping and chore services.
- Assistance with Medicare, health insurance and entitlement programs such as energy assistance, tax relief programs, and pharmaceutical assistance programs.
- Volunteer companion visits to seniors at home.
- Directories of nursing facilities, retirement home and home health care organizations.
- Guides to senior services in individual communities.
- Coordination and monitoring of services provided by multiple organizations.
- Health education and screenings.
- Wellness and fitness programs.
- Peer counseling with individuals in one-on-one settings.
- Screening and counseling for those considering moving to a nursing home.
- Assistive devices available for loan, up to three (3) months, to seniors. Items that are available are canes, walkers, crutches, bath benches, bath chairs, transfer benches, raised toilets, seats with arms, commodes and wheelchairs. Donations of equipment are also accepted. Please call first to determine availability.
- And more.
Seniors interested in recreational, social and educational services are encouraged to visit the North Shore Senior Center
at 161 Northfield Road or the Glenview Senior Center
at 2400 Chestnut. Operated by the Glenview Park District, the Center has approximately 1,700 members and operates Monday through Friday, as well as some weekends. Call (847) 724-4793 for more information.
1225 Waukegan Road
Glenview, IL 60025