Aug. 2, 2011
Trustee Scott Britton was absent.
• Authorized purchasing six heavy-duty dump trucks from Prairie International Trucks Inc. of Springfield for $670,800 and truck salt spreaders from Flink Co. of Streator for $17,300 through the state of Illinois Department of Central Management Services. The new vehicles are replacements for the Village’s fleet.
• Extended a contract with G&L Contractors of Skokie for one year for $344,000 to haul concrete, asphalt, brush and other debris from Public Works job sites and deliver crushed stone for water main repairs and topsoil restoration.
• Executed a contract with Intermedix Inc. of Fort Lauderdale, Fla. to provide ambulance billing and electronic patient care reporting for three years. The firm will be paid 7.25 percent of annual ambulance revenues, or about $94,250 annually.
• Authorized purchasing a brush chipper from Vermeer Midwest Inc. for $53,450 through a national government purchasing cooperative, and declared surplus the chipper it will replace that was damaged June 21 while being fed debris collected following a severe storm. The old chipper was valued at $5,000 as a trade-in.
• Amended Glenview’s Vehicle and Traffic Municipal Code to reinstate two-hour parking for the public on the south side of Prairie Street east of Washington Street, following completion of the new Glenview Public Library’s construction.