Emergency Notification System
Be the First to Know!
Sign up now for the Emergency Notification System
Go to the Sign up page
Did you know that you can receive notification about local emergencies quickly via the Village's Emergency Notification System? The ENS can deliver information to the entire Village - or to targeted areas - at a rate of up to 60,000 calls each hour!
The system is designed to pass along information about:
- evacuations and shelter locations
- shelter-in-place locations
- flood warnings
- extended utility interruptions affecting all or a signification portion of the Village (or region)
- public health incidents
- specific police operations; for example, incidents such as lost children or fleeing suspects.
Now, the ENS is expanding to provide these alerts via emails and text messages, in addition to telephone. Here are the details:
- If you’ve already registered your cell phone number, and you’d like to add text and/or email, you’ll need to re-subscribe. Just visit the Enrollment Webpage (see the link at the top of this page) and fill it out again – the system will automatically update your record.
- Once you’ve entered your cell number, you'll be asked for information about your cell provider in order to send text messages. If you DON'T wish to receive text messages, don't enter this information.
- If you enter your email and cell phone provider into the system, you may receive notification via telephone, text and email during an emergency.
So sign up now by clicking on the link at the top of this page. Once in the system, you'll need to provide first and last name, your street address (not a PO Box), city, state, zip code and primary phone number - as well as any additional phone numbers, and (if you choose) your email address. None of this information will be used for any other purpose.
Something to remember: the system is geographically based, so if you move but keep your phone number, you'll need to change your address in the database.
Don't wait! Sign up today! And call (847) 724-2141 or (847) 729-5000 with questions.