Project Manager: Eric Pugh
Engineering Division Manager: Adriana Webb
The proposed Project includes approximately .25 miles of improvements on Central Road between Lehigh Avenue and Harlem Avenue. The following major improvements are included in the contract:
- Water main improvements consist of the installation of approximately 1100linear feet of 12-inch Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) watermain and water services on Central Road. The new 12-inch water mains will replace the existing, deteriorated water mains
- The proposed storm sewer improvements consist of installation of approximately 1000 feet of 12 inch to 18-inch storm sewer pipe to improve storm conveyance, as well as drain the public right-of-way and roadway
- The proposed Sanitary sewer improvements consist of pipe and sanitary manhole repairs and replacement of sanitary services, if necessary.
- The proposed pavement improvements on Central Road consist of the installation of new curb and gutter and reconstruction of the road with new asphalt pavement after the underground utilities/upgrades are complete
- Central Road was initially constructed without curb and gutter and without storm sewers. In 2016 and in 2018, the residents petitioned the Village to install storm sewers and curb and gutter on their street. After holding a public neighborhood meeting and officially balloting Central Road, a majority of support (2/3 of the total votes) was received to construct these improvements and establish Special Service Areas (SSAs). On January 4, 2022, the Village board proposed an ordinance for SSA 67 to construct the storm sewer for 16 properties and SSA 101 to install curb and gutter for 20 properties. Construction work will not start until after the SSA is approved.
- As part of the SSA process for curb and gutter, the adjacent residents pay 50% of the cost associated with the construction of the new curb and gutter which is based on the Villages SSA policy adopted in November of 2002. Upon completion of the project, the SSA costs will be split proportionally among the participating property owners and repaid through their property taxes over a 10- or 20-year period at an approximate interest rate of 50%.
Project information and updates
Contractor: DiMeo Brothers Inc.
Budget: $1 million
- Bid award -- February 16, 2022
- Resident preconstruction meeting -- June 15, 2022; 6 p.m. at the intersection of Harlem and Central
- Approximate start of construction -- July 5, 2022
- Approximate completion of construction -- Sept. 23, 2022
Schedule may be revised due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Work outside these hours will require Village approval.