2023 COMMUTER PARKING PERMITS
Click here to purchase a monthly, semi-annual (valid 1/1-6/30), or annual
(valid 1/1-12/31) commuter parking permit
**The permit is valid once you receive it and the permit is
being displayed properly in your vehicle**
Parking permit rates have been returned to pre-pandemic rates. Pricing and permit options can be found on the 2023 Commuter Parking Application or as listed below. As a reminder: Daily parking is still available at both stations by paying $2.00 per day at the pay box or on the PassPort Parking Application.
To continue to provide commuter flexibility, the 2023 permits will remain interchangeable between the Downtown Glenview and Glen of North Glenview Train Stations. This option was implemented last year based on customer feedback provided by our commuters. For record keeping purposes, you will be asked on the application which station is your primary choice; however, you may park at either station.
*Monthly permits will be
sold on or about the 15th of the month for the following month’s
permit period. payment and applications will only be accepted at the opening of
the appropriate permit period.
The permit MUST be displayed to avoid a
There are two train stations in the Village, and both offer adjacent commuter parking (map below):
For information and schedules for Metra trains, visit
metrarail.com. For information and schedules for Amtrak trains, visit
amtrak.com. For information and schedules for connecting Pace buses, visit
Metra and Amtrak parking payment options
Parking payment machine
- Daily fee parking is available at both stations at a cost of $2 per day. To use the daily fee parking, pay with cash, coin or credit card (VISA or MasterCard) at a Village parking machine adjacent to the station.
- Disabled parking is available at both stations. Multi-day disabled parking is available at the downtown station.
- Overnight parking for multiple days is available only at the downtown station in designated spaces at a cost of $2 per day.
Call (847) 380-4332 and speak or key in the parking zone number or send a text to the telephone number. A driver will need to initially register before using the pay by phone option. Signs at both train stations have instructions, and provide the station's zone number.
- Downtown Station - Zone 304
- Glen Station - Zone 305
Download the free Passport Parking App using either an iPhone or Android device, or download the app from the website,
https://passportinc.com/consumers/ . You'll be required to provide a parking zone number for your station and a parking space number at the time of registration. Have the parking zone number available.
- Downtown Station - Zone 304
- Glen Station - Zone 305
Permit parking is available at both Downtown and Glen of North Glenview stations.
If you would like to obtain a parking permit:
Permit payment options
- Mail: A completed application and a check or Money Order payable to the "Village of Glenview" to: Village of Glenview, 2500 East Lake Avenue, Glenview, IL, 60026, ATTN: Commuter Parking, or it can be placed in a sealed envelope in the municipal mailbox located at both Village of Glenview train stations.
- On-line: Click here to purchase a permit online. Payment can be made by MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express or an electronic check. A convenience fee is charged by the credit card merchant.
- Employer Commuter Incentive Programs: Checks must be payable to the “Village of Glenview". No debit cards are accepted. Preloaded credit cards are accepted online only, as long as they are MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card or American Express, and the preloaded amount must be sufficient enough to include the permit fee and the convenience fee amounts.
- In-Person: Visit the Village of Glenview Police Department at the mailing address above, Mon-Fri from 8:30am-4:30pm. Payment can be made by cash, check or credit card (no convenience fee); MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card and American Express are accepted.
Commuter Permit Guidelines
- Purchasing a commuter parking permit does not guarantee a parking spot;
- The permit is valid once you receive it and the permit is being displayed properly in your vehicle;
- Semi-annual and annual permits must be displayed and located in the top corner of the rear window on driver's side;
- Monthly permits must be displayed by hanging on rearview mirror while parked;
- Tape may be used (recommended) to ensure semi-annual and annual permit is securely displayed and avoid placing the removable vinyl parking permit on the rear defrost heating elements;
- All permits are non-refundable and will not be prorated;
- All permits ARE interchangeable between Downtown and the North Glenview train station parking lots;
- Backing into spaces is not permitted and is subject to a fine;
- The Downtown Glenview parking lot areas are designated as Resident Only, Non Resident and pay per day spaces. Non Resident permit holders may be ticketed and subject to a fine if parked in the Resident Only parking areas;
- If you purchased a monthly permit, you are allowed to park in the respective permit lots at the Glen of North Glenview station or Downtown station, resident or non-resident lots for permit holders (dependent on the monthly permit type you purchased) or in the numbered spaces;
- To avoid possible ticketing the permit must be displayed at all times;
- Please contact Police Records at 847-729-5000 of any vehicle changes, such as a new or sold vehicle to avoid ticketing as well.