Project Manager: Mike DeBennette
Engineering Division Manager: Adriana Webb
The project includes approximately 1.0 mile of water main, storm sewer, sanitary sewer and roadway improvements on Wilmette Avenue, Heatherfield Lane, Sherwood Road, Beech Drive, Mark Drive, as well as the Avoca West School parking lot in the neighborhood located East of Harms Road.
The following major improvements are included in this contract:
- Water main improvements consist of the installation of approximately 4,200 feet of 8-inch and 1,100 feet of 12-inch polyvinyl chloride (PVC) water main pipes and replacement of water services. The new water mains will replace the existing, deteriorated cast iron water mains.
- The storm sewer improvements include construction of additional storm sewer pipes ranging from 24-inches to 48-inches in diameter to address conveyance limitations of the existing storm sewer system. The storm sewer component of this project is partially funded through a $500,000 grant from Metropolitan Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD).
- The sanitary sewer improvements consist of pipe repairs, removal, and replacement of sanitary sewer manholes and services replacement, if necessary.
- Pavement reconstruction improvements consist of the complete removal of the existing pavement and replacement with new asphalt pavement, as well as replacement of the existing curb and gutter.
The project has been divided into two areas:
Area 1: Wilmette Avenue, Heatherfield Lane
Area 2: Sherwood Road, Beech Drive, Mark Drive, Cariann Lane
This project is the next phase of improvements in the East of Harms neighborhood. Learn more about the first phase here.
On February 5, 2019, the Village Board of Trustees authorized execution of an intergovernmental agreement with the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago and an easement agreement with Avoca School District 37 for this project.
Project information and updates
Public open house design meeting: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Pre-construction open house: 6 to 7 p.m. Monday, April 29, 2019
Contractor: DiMeo Brothers, Inc.
- Bid opening: March 5, 2019
- Bid Award recommendation: April 4, 2019
- Anticipated construction start:
- Area 1 -- May 6, 2019
- Area 2 -- June 17, 2019
- Anticipated completion date:
- Area 1 -- October 25, 2019
- Area 2 -- August 16, 2019
The schedule may be revised due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Work outside these hours will require Village approval.