If you'd like to provide feedback regarding the potential ramps, you can complete a survey by clicking here.
I-294 at Milwaukee Avenue Ramps
The Village of Glenview is exploring the feasibility and potential impacts of new access ramps connecting I-294 to Milwaukee Ave (IL 21).
What is being studied?
- A new northbound off-ramp from I-294 to Milwaukee Ave
- A new southbound on-ramp from Milwaukee Ave to I-294
- Traffic impacts associated with the potential access ramps
- Environmental and land impacts associated with the potential access ramps
- Corridor improvements required to mitigate impacts of the potential access ramps
- Costs and benefits of the potential ramp options
The feasibility study will incorporate public comments and feedback for review by the public and the Board of Trustees. No direction on the ramp options or next steps will be provided until after the Village Board’s consideration of the ramp feasibility study, which is anticipated to occur during the first part of next year.
More information about the potential ramps was presented at an informational Open House on Nov. 10. To view the materials from that Open House, click here.
Nov. 10 Public Open House
The Village of Glenview invited residents to an informational Open House meeting about potential I-294 on- and off-ramps at Milwaukee Avenue on Thursday Nov. 10, 2022, in the Lakeview Room at the Glenview Park Center at 2400 Chestnut Avenue.
VIEW OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION BOARDS: All the Open House informational boards can be viewed here.
Information on the following topics was covered at this meeting:
- Feasibility Study background, overview and goals
- Projected traffic operations
- Concept designs of potential on- and off-rams
- Analysis of ramp impacts
If you are unable to attend and have questions about the potential project, please contact Engineering Division Manager Adriana Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-904-4414.