Project Manager: Tim Schwister
Engineering Division Manager:
Improvements to Longvalley Road from Harlem Avenue to Lehigh Avenue include:
- replacement of existing 6-inch cast iron water mains with 12-inch Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) water main pipe and replacement of water services
- improving the existing stormwater system through Special Service Area 70
- completion of various sanitary sewer repairs
- construction of a new roadway, including curb and gutter reconstruction, through Special Service Area 98
- parkway restoration
Public hearings regarding Special Service Areas 70 and 98 were held February 18, 2020 and March 3, 2020. The Village Board of Trustees voted preliminary approval February 18 and final approval March 3.
Project information and updates
Please note: Contractors and construction workers will follow these guidelines to keep themselves and the public safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Contractor: Lenny Hoffman Excavating Inc. of Wilmette
Location map: Click here
Project construction plans: Click here
- Bid Award -- May 28, 2020
- Preconstruction meeting -- June 10, 2020
- Construction start date -- July 5, 2020
- Estimated completion date -- November 15, 2020
Schedule may be revised due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Work outside these hours will require Village approval.