Engineering Division Manager: Adriana Webb
In 2019, the Village secured a $1 million grant and entered into an Intergovernmental Agreement with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to construct storm water improvements benefiting the Glen Oak Acres neighborhood, which was originally constructed without storm sewers.
This project consists of:
- installation of about 900 feet of 24-inch reinforced concrete storm sewer along the western parkway of Wagner Road from Huckleberry Lane to Del Ogier Drive, including construction of new storm sewer along Del Ogier Drive from Wagner Road to the existing outfall of the North Branch of the Chicago River.
- construction of 300 linear feet of storm sewer pipes ranging from 12 inches to 48 inches in diameter along Woodlawn Street
- construction of 350 linear feet of 30-inch, in-line detention pipe along Wagner Road, including pavement restoration
Along Wagner Road, some trees will be removed, parkways restored and driveways replaced, along with pavement patching. Along Woodlawn Road and Del Ogier Drive, curbs will be replaced and roadway will be resurfaced.
Project information and updates
Please note: Contractors and construction workers will follow these guidelines to keep themselves and the public safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Contractor: Kovilic Construction Company of Franklin Park
Budget: $1,912,186 ($1,189,077 from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, $723,109 from Village of Glenview)
Project Number: E18-025
Location map: Click here
- Bid award and U.S. Army Corps notice to proceed -- October 2019
- Bid award by the Village -- January 7, 2020
- Approximate start of construction -- March 15, 2020
- Approximate completion of construction -- October 2020
Schedule may be revised due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Work outside these hours will require Village approval.