The proposed Project includes approximately .25 miles of improvements on Parkview Road between Golf Road and the Cul de sac North of McArthur Drive. The following major improvements are included in the contract:
- Water main improvements include the installation of approximately 1100 of 8-inch Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) water mains and services. The new water main will replace the existing, deteriorated water main.
- The proposed storm sewer improvements consist of upgrading of 1100 feet of storm sewer system ranging from 12 to 24-inch pipe.
- The proposed sanitary sewer improvements consist of sanitary manhole repairs and replacement of sanitary services, if necessary.
- The proposed pavement improvements consist of trench patching over utility installations and the entire stretch of Spruce Street from Harrison Street to Colfax Avenue will receive a full-depth resurfacing
Project Manager: Tim Schwister
Engineering Division Manager: Adriana Webb
Project information and updates
Contractor: Lenny Hoffman Excavating
Budget: $1 million
- Bid award -- April 5, 2022
- Resident preconstruction meeting -- May 5, 2022, 6 p.m. at the intersection of Parkview and McArthur
- Approximate start of construction --June 27, 2022
- Approximate completion of construction -- Sept. 23, 2022
Schedule may be revised due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Work outside these hours will require Village approval.