Glenview Stormwater Master Plan Update
The Glenview Stormwater Master Plan will be used to assess current stormwater conditions in the Village and identify and prioritize future projects to address flooding issues.
The Master Plan will use a multi-faceted approach that includes the following:
- Input from residents currently experiencing flooding issues
- A review of current and potential ordnances and policies
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling that incorporates constructed projects and changes in rainfall patterns
- Identification and prioritization of potential flood reduction projects
Public input is an essential part of the Master Planning process. Areas of flooding
identified by residents will be incorporated into the assessment of model results.
An online survey is available to provide your input:
Resident Drainage Survey
Stormwater Master Plan History
Widespread flooding across the Village during the storm events of 2008 led to the Village's first comprehensive stormwater study, the Flood Risk Reduction Program (FRRP) that was published in 2010.
The FRRP created a tiered approach for identifying flood prone areas and prioritizing projects to address major flooding issues. The Village has incorporated stormwater improvements into Capital Improvement Program (CIP) infrastructure projects, obtained grants from state and federal agencies, and used Village funds to implement projects identified by the FRRP.
Stormwater Master Plan Goals
The current Stormwater Master Plan seeks to achieve several goals to help guide the Village's stormwater improvements in the coming years.
- Develop a comprehensive stormwater model
- Incorporate stormwater improvements and updated rainfall into the model
- Develop updated inundation maps for intense rainfalls
- Investigate current drainage issues
- Recommend improvements to mitigate current issues
- Perform cost-benefit analysis to prioritize projects
Summer 2023 Project Kick-Off
October 2023 Master Plan Open House
Fall 2023 to Spring 2024 Resident Drainage Survey open
Fall 2023 to Fall 2024 Stormwater modeling and assessment of potential projects
Late 2024 Final Stormwater Master Plan published
2025 and beyond Implementation of Stormwater Master Plan
Provide Input: Resident Drainage Survey
Additional Questions: Email email@example.com