Project Manager: Tim Schwister
Engineering Division Manager: Adriana Webb
The proposed Projects include 0.25 miles of water main improvements on Woodlawn Road between Wagner Road and Brandon Road
Scope of Work – Woodlawn Road The following major improvements are included in this contract:
• Water main improvements include the installation of approximately 1,200 feet of 12-inch Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) water main and services.
• The proposed storm sewer improvements consist of installation of 1,200 feet of 12 to 18-inch storm sewer on Woodlawn, including individual storm sewer connection to each property.
• The proposed sanitary sewer improvements consist of pipe and sanitary manhole repairs and replacement of sanitary services, if necessary.
• The proposed pavement improvements on Woodlawn Road consist of the installation of a new curb and gutter and reconstruction of the road with new asphalt pavement after underground utilities replacement/upgrades are complete.
Woodlawn Road was initially constructed without curb and gutter and without storm sewers. In 2017 and in 2021, the residents petitioned the Village to install storm sewers and curb and gutter on their street. After holding a public neighborhood meeting and officially balloting Woodlawn Road, a majority of support (2/3 of the total votes) was received to construct these improvements and establish Special Service Areas (SSAs). On April 5, 2022 the Village Board proposed an ordinance establishing SSA 74 to construct storm sewer for 23 properties and SSA 102 to install curb and gutter for 25 properties, pending final adoption of the ordinance on April 19, with an effective date of June 17, 2022. Construction work could not start on Woodlawn Road until after the SSA is approved.
As part of the SSA process for curb and gutter, the adjacent residents pay 50% of the cost associated with the construction of new curb and gutter which is based on the Village's SSA policy adopted in November of 2002. As part of the SSA process for storm sewer, the adjacent residents pay 60% of the cost associated with the construction of new storm sewer, which is based on the Village's SSA policy adopted in November of 2002. Upon completion of the project, the SSA costs will be split proportionately among the participating property owners and repaid through their property tax bill over a 20-year period at an approximate interest rate of 5%.
Project information and updates
Contractor: DiMeo Brothers Inc.
Budget: $1,8 million
· Bid award – April 19, 2022
· Resident preconstruction meeting – July 12, 2022, 6:00 pm near the intersection of Woodlawn and Wagner Road
· Approximate start of construction –July18, 2022
· Approximate completion of construction – October 2022
Schedule may be revised due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Work outside these hours will require Village approval.