Project Manager: Tom Hagerty
Engineering Division Manager: Adriana Webb
Along Prairie and Depot street, public utilities are at or have exceeded their life expectancy and require replacement and relocation. Proposed improvement include design and replacement of approximately 70-year-old water main along Pine Street and a 70-year-old sanitary sewer on Depot Street. Portions of the existing sanitary sewer exist in the Metra right-of-way and the new sanitary sewer will be relocated in the existing parking area within the Metra right-of-way.
- Installation of approximately 500 feet of 12-inch Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) water main pipes and replacement of water services along Pine Street from Glenview Road to Prairie Street. The new water main will replace the existing, deteriorated 8-inch cast iron water main.
- Replacement and relocation of approximately 300 feet of 8-inch and 24-inch sanitary sewer pipes
Project information and updates
Please note: Contractors and construction workers will follow these guidelines to keep themselves and the public safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Contractor: DiMeo Brothers Inc. of Elk Grove Village
Location map: Click here
- Contract award -- August 18, 2020
- Permitting and Metra agreement -- September 2020
- Preconstruction meeting with residents adjacent to the project -- September 2020
- Approximate start of construction -- Fall 2020
- Approximate completion of construction -- December 2020
Schedule may be revised due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Work outside these hours will require Village approval.