The Village of Glenview

Licenses & Permits

Business License

Every business located in Glenview must obtain a business license and its building must have an occupancy certificate.

Contractor License

Requirements for fees, bonds and other documentation are outlined here.

Development Center/Building Permits

Information on various codes, permits and fees for construction, fire alarms, tree removal and accessory structures.

Liquor License

Liquor licenses are required for all businesses selling alcoholic beverages by the drink or the bottle.

Peddler/Solicitor License

Door-to-door solicitors and peddlers must apply to the Police Department and obtain an ID badge.

Special Event/Banner Permit

Applications must be filed for special events and professional film projects.

Tree Removal Permit

Landmark trees are protected, and require a permit to be removed from private property.