October 16, 2018
- Approved Class L liquor licenses for Nobori Sushi, 1821 Waukegan Road, and Macushla Brewing Co., 1516 East Lake Avenue, which allow the consumption of beer and wine only brought onto the licensed premises of a business, restaurant, or craft brewery.
- Heard a presentation from David Fitz of Coffman Associates Airport Consultants regarding O'Hare Modernization and Fly Quiet program changes that have resulted in more O'Hare airplane traffic being directed over the Village of Glenview and recommendations for next steps.
- Gave final approval to a conditional use and final site plan review for Cornerstone Church, 2 Shermer Road, to allow modifications to the existing religious facility for office facilities within an existing rectory, a conditional use in the R-4 Residential Zoning District.
- Gave final approval to a Planned Development Amendment and final site plan review for Enclave at The Grove, 1030-1104 Ironwood Court, to allow relocation of driveway curb-cuts on three lots within the 48-unit single-family residential cluster development.
- Gave final approval to declaring eight vehicles and various equipment as surplus property, to allow most to be sold through internet auction sites or recycled.
- Authorized execution of an Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Illinois to accept a $515,383 grant for Next Generation 911 that will go toward replacing and upgrading 911 call handling positions in the Public Safety Dispatch Center, which provides service to 14 municipalities.
- Authorized amending the Village's Unclaimed Property Policy to reflect the current Illinois Uniform Unclaimed Property Act to ensure proper and timely response to outstanding and unclaimed checks.
- Sent back to the Plan Commission for further review a request for a comprehensive plan amendment, official map amendment, rezoning and conditional use for Canaan Church, 1255 Milwaukee Avenue, to allow the existing office building there to be used as a building primarily devoted to religious worship, a conditional use in the R-1 Residential Zoning District.
- Preliminarily granted an extension on the term of a final site plan review approval and zoning variations to Kohl Children's Museum, 2100 Patriot Boulevard, which would extend the permissible construction period for building additions to the museum for one year, expiring December 21, 2019.
- Preliminarily granted an official map amendment and rezoning of a vacated alley at 210 and 216 Harlem Avenue from R-1 Single-Family Residential and R-5 Single-Family Residential in order to match the existing zoning of the adjacent properties.
- Preliminarily granted final site plan review and zoning variations for the Lynch Office Building, 1245 Waukegan Road, to allow modifications to the circulation pattern, a parking lot expansion and trash enclosure installation based on redevelopment of the adjacent former Village Hall site.
- Preliminarily amended Chapter 98 (Zoning) of the Glenview Municipal Code in response to trends relating to existing and new land use categories which: clarifies inclusion of martial arts instruction and fitness centers; would allow for on-site staff quarters for facilities/maintenance staff; allows single-family residences as a conditional use throughout the P-1 District; and permits wholesale establishments as a principal land use in the I-1 Light Industrial District.