March 19, 2019
- Authorized execution of a Class A liquor license for Fiesta Bar & Grill, doing business as Mercado Cocina Cantina, 2300 Lehigh Avenue, Units 125-130, which allows for the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises where food is served.
- Gave direction regarding Village regulations related to various games of chance, including raffles, sweepstakes machines and video gambling machines.
- Gave final approval for a conditional use, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision for Capital Car Wash, 9800 N. Milwaukee Avenue, in a B-2 General Business district, and a zoning variation to allow a rear yard setback of 5 feet instead of the minimum required 10 feet. In addition to the automated care wash facility, the site would feature a parking lot with vacuum and vending operations for customers to clean and service the interior of vehicles.
- Gave final approval to a second conditional use and final site plan review for Apachi Day Camp, 3050 Woodridge Road, to allow construction of an accessory pavilion structure and associated modifications for a playground. The applicant received approval for the pavilion in 2017 but did not complete the structure, and so the conditional use approval expired prior to a permit being issued.
- Waived the Village's competitive bidding requirements to purchase water meters to replenish the Village's inventory from Core & Main LP for an estimated $52,500.
- Authorized a bid award to J. Congdon Sewer Service Inc. of Carol Stream for a total $2,028,636 to construct water mains, storm sewers, sanitary sewers and road improvements on Harvest Lane west of Pfingsten Road and Washington Street and George Court between Harlem Avenue and Harrison Street.
- Authorized execution of a Project Participation Agreement with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in relation to the North Glen Oak Acres Storm Sewer Improvement Project, which will benefit almost 100 homes west of Wagner Road and north of Burton Terrace.
- Waived the competitive bidding process and authorized the purchase and outfitting of a Ford Expedition from Bredemann Ford of Glenview for $70,000.
- Preliminarily approved a conditional use, final site plan review, preliminary subdivision and zoning variations to allow building additions, interior remodeling, signage and associated site plan modifications at the Glenview Ice Center, 1851 Landwehr Road.