December 4, 2018
- Heard a report regarding the 2018 Cook County Advisory Referenda relating to the Cook County minimum wage and Cook County earned sick time laws. Further consideration is scheduled January 3, 2019.
- Adopted an annual budget for the Village of Glenview for the fiscal year commencing January 1, 2019 and ending December 31, 2019.
- Gave final approval to amending Chapter 98 (Zoning) of the Glenview Municipal Code in response to trends relating to existing and new land use categories by adding permanent cosmetics, microblading, micropigmentation and similar personal care services.
- Gave final approval to granting a zoning variation to Citadel Healthcare, 3300 Milwaukee Avenue, to allow construction of a ground sign with a sign area of up to 29.72 square feet instead of a maximum sign area of 5.00 square feet.
- Gave final approval to the 2018 property tax levy ordinance, which calls for a 2018 extended levy for the Village of $12,554,363, representing a 0.86 percent, or $106,553, increase compared to the Village's 2017 final extended levy, attributable to an increase in the levy for Equalized Assessed Valuation of new construction and newly annexed property for the 2017 tax year. Additionally, the Glenview Public Library is proposing a 2018 levy of $8,334,886, which includes a decrease in the 2018 debt service due to the 2016 refunding of the new building's bond issue, reflecting a decrease of 1.37 percent, or $115,559, compared to the Library's 2017 final extended levy. The ordinance will be on the December 4 Board agenda for final consideration.
- Gave final approval to the 2018 Property Tax Abatement Ordinances totaling $7,585,491, of which about 94 percent is related to redevelopment of The Glen. After the effect of abatements and the loss provision added by Cook County, the 2018 Proposed Extended Levy for the Village would generate $20,889,249, a 0.04-percent decrease from the 2017 tax year. The ordinances will be on the December 4 Board agenda for final consideration.
- Gave final approval to adopting ordinances to amend the Glenview Municipal Code to amend fees charged by the Village including changes which:
- Standardizes references to Community Development fees
- Memorializes the annual permit fee discount from December 1 through February 28
- Increases the fee for demolition contractors to $50
- Increases the fee for mobile food vendor license and related annual inspections to $95
- Introduces a new fee for late payment of the required annual restaurant inspection fee
- Increases the registration fee for massage licensing and registration to $100
- Memorializes the existing water system connection fee
- Establishes a minimum permit feet of $50 for all fire permit fees
- Increases the permit fees for new cell towers and individual small cell facilities to $650
- Increases several fees related to plan review, inspections and administrative services
- Consolidates all concrete and asphalt flatwork permit types into a single category with a common fee
- Increases single-family residential and non-single family residential plan review fees
- Reduces the fees for single-family addition permit fees based on square feet
- Increases the ambulance transport rates for residents, non-residents and the per-mile transport fees by 3 percent
- Increases the water consumption charge by 1 percent to $6.87 per 1,000 gallons and increases the sanitary sewer consumption charge by 1.46 percent to $1.39 per 1,000 gallons.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension with American Underground Inc. of Wheeling for sanitary and storm sewer close circuit television inspection services in 2019 for $263,124.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension with Standard Fence Co. Inc. of Chicago for fence repairs in 2019 for $29,800.
- Authorized the Village to update its membership agreement for a Geographic Information System Consortium with four other local municipalities.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension with Advanced Tree Care Inc. of Lincolnshire for tree trimming services in 2019 for $90,000.
- Approved a three-year maintenance agreement including software and hardware upgrade with Motorola Solutions of Schaumburg for dispatch radio equipment for $80,000 annually, with a three-year total of $240,000.
- Waived the competitive bid process and approved an agreement with Priority Dispatch Corp. of Salt Lake City to provide ProQA Emergency Medical Dispatch software for $33,964.
- Authorized execution of an Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Illinois to accept a State 911 Consolidation Grant for capital equipment totaling $336,547 and amended the Village's Fiscal Year 2018 Corporate Fund budget for the same amount.
- Authorized a five-year agreement with Baxter and Woodman for engineering and Public Works contractual services in 2019 for $3,721,427.
- Authorized a multi-year contract with SAFEbuilt of Windsor, Colo. for permit administration, inspections, plan review and code enforcement contractual services in 2019 for $740,000.
- Granted a final subdivision for the Manorcare Health Services First Resubdivision at 3240-3310 Milwaukee Avenue.
- Authorized a contract with Tallgrass Restoration LLC of Schaumburg to maintain natural areas in 2019 for $125,249.
- Authorized a contract with Aquatic Ecosystems Management, Inc. of Golf to maintain Lake Glenview in 2019 for up to $68,967.
- Authorized a contract with Lyons Pinner Inc. of Lagrange to maintain traffic signals in 2019 for $62,396.
- Authorized a contract extension with InterDev LLC of Atlanta for up to six months of shared information technology service for $42,252 per month for staffing and $855 per month for software licensing.
- Preliminarily approved an ordinance amending Chapter 98 (Zoning) of the Glenview Municipal Code in regard to regulations governing digital changeable copy signage.