March 5, 2019
- Authorized addition of a Class H liquor license for North Branch Pizza & Burger Co., 4520 West Lake Avenue, which permits a Class A or B license holder to sell packaged alcoholic liquor from the bar.
- Gave final approval to an ordinance granting a planned development amendment and final site plan review for Valley Lo Towers, 1900-1920 Chestnut Avenue, to allow site plan alterations to permit the addition of various accessory structures, including sport courts, dog runs and patios.
- Gave final approval to annexing 2245 Sanders Road, and to rezoning, an official map amendment and comprehensive plan amendment. Cole of Glenview IL, LLC is seeking to rezone the property to I-1 Limited Commercial District to allow for future development and use of the property as an accessory parking facility for the adjacent office uses.
- Authorized the use of Motor Fuel Tax Fund Appropriates in the amount of $1.130 million for the 2019 road resurfacing and MARS programs.
- Authorized a bid award to Mauro Sewer Construction Inc. of Des Plaines for up to $1,250,774 to construct and improve water main, storm sewer, sanitary sewer and roadways on Greenwillow Lane and Woodview Lane west of Tinker Way and Pine Court, and Tinker Way north of Depot Street.
- Waived the competitive bidding process and approved purchase, installation and a four-year preventative maintenance agreement for upgrades to the existing Trane Building Automation System, which monitors and regulates heating, ventilation and air conditioning for the Municipal Center and Fire Stations 13 and 14, from Trane U.S. Inc. of Willowbrook for an estimated $37,741.
- Authorized execution of amendments regarding utilities to the purchase and sale agreement of vacated Village right-of-way known as Harmony Lane to SandRed LLC, in order for the two parcels to be used as part of a development site for a proposed day care facility at 662 Waukegan Road.
- Authorized an agreement for consulting services with Fitch & Associates of Platte City, Mo. to evaluate the Fire Department for an estimated $44,995. The evaluation will provide a comprehensive review of asset utilization, including facilities, vehicles and equipment; an analysis of current administrative and operational staffing; apparatus deployment models; emergency medical services; and fire suppression response protocols and workloads.
- Authorized an estimated annual expense of $54,000 to Motorola Solutions of Schaumburg for STARCOM user fees for the police and fire departments.
- Preliminarily approved a conditional use, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision for Capital Car Wash, 9800 N. Milwaukee Avenue, in a B-2 General Business district, and a zoning variation to allow a rear yard setback of 5 feet instead of the minimum required 10 feet. In addition to the automated care wash facility, the site would feature a parking lot with vacuum and vending operations for customers to clean and service the interior of vehicles.
- Granted a second conditional use and final site plan review for Apachi Day Camp, 3050 Woodridge Road, to allow construction of an accessory pavilion structure and associated modifications for a playground. The applicant received approval for the pavilion in 2017 but did not complete the structure, and so the conditional use approval expired prior to a permit being issued.