August 6, 2019
- Regarding the 8.58-acre property at 3365 Willow Road where Glenview Chase LLC plans to construct up to 29 new single-family residences as the Parkside of Glenview subdivision: approved a resolution to execute an annexation agreement; and waived administrative rules to approve upon first reading ordinances granting rezoning, planned development, final site plan review, preliminary subdivision and the annexation. The approval includes provisions for an east-west extension of Meadowview Drive through the subdivision with a gate on the west side.
- Gave final approval to a zoning variation for Plaza de Prado, 2709-2797 Pfingsten Road, to allow current and proposed land uses in various combinations within the shopping center, with a total 631 parking stalls instead of a minimum of up to 696 parking stalls. The property owner would be required to manage tenants to ensure a staggering of peak operating times throughout the day to ensure that demand for parking would be commensurate with available parking.
- Gave final approval to a comprehensive plan amendment, official map amendment and rezoning for 1500 Portage Run from R-E Residential District to P-1 Public Lands District to allow for the consolidation of the property with the remainder of The Grove for restoration of native prairie preservation as open space.
- Authorized an agreement with Chicago SMSA Limited Partnership (Verizon Wireless) regarding the installation of Small Cell Wireless facilities within the public right-of-way and upon Village-owned structures and utilities.
- Authorized a contract with Malko Communications Services, LLC of Skokie for the purchase and installation of Municipal Center doors and cameras for $46,710 and the purchase of a four-year service and maintenance agreement for $84,518.
- Authorized execution of a one-year contract with four optional one-year extensions with Creekside Printing of Elgin to provide printing and mailing services for 10 issues of the Village of Glenview Report newsletters for $29,140.
- Approved payment of the annual Northeastern Illinois Regional Crime Laboratory membership assessment from August 2019 to July 2020 for $60,781 and the Intergovernmental Butterfield Maintenance Agreement for $3,000.
- Authorized execution of a contract award to infrastructure Management Services LLC of Tempe, Ariz. for up to $82,192 to evaluate, display and generate detailed maps of existing pavement conditions and street rehabilitation strategies.
- Authorized a contract amendment for the Henley-Robincrest-Elmgate-Linneman improvement project to include paving and drainage improvements for the Dewes-Henley alley.
- Authorized execution of a Community Solar Clearinghouse Solutions Purchasing Pool Enrollment Agreement with the Metropolitan Mayors Caucus of Chicago for $700 to enroll the Village and participate in the Community Solar Clearinghouse Solutions (CS2) program; and authorized execution of an Illinois Community Solar Project Subscription Agreement with MC Squared Energy Services, LLC of Chicago to participate in a community solar pilot project. Participants in the CS2 program and pilot project are credited electricity generated from new and proposed community solar assets located in the ComEd service region for municipal buildings and assets.
- Preliminarily granted conditional use and final site plan review for Wizard Werks Auto Repair, 1650-1652 Waukegan Road, to allow construction of a new building and subsequent use as an automobile repair facility, a conditional use in the B-2 General Business District.
- Preliminarily granted final site plan review and zoning variations to allow for the construction of a 113,652-square-foot building expansion, including a new warehouse, office space and additional loading bays, at North American Paper Company, 2101 Claire Court, and approved a resolution in support of a request by the company for a Cook County 6b economic development incentive to facilitate and construction.