August 20, 2019
- Authorized approval of Class A and Class H liquor licenses for Oak at the Glen, 1811 Tower Drive, which allows the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises where food is served and which permits a Class A or B license holder to sell packaged alcoholic liquor from the bar.
- Gave final approval to a conditional use and final site plan review for Wizard Werks Auto Repair, 1650-1652 Waukegan Road, to allow construction of a new building and subsequent use as an automobile repair facility, a conditional use in the B-2 General Business District.
- Gave final approval to a final site plan review and zoning variations to allow for the construction of a 113,652-square-foot building expansion, including a new warehouse, office space and additional loading bays, at North American Paper Company, 2101 Claire Court.
- Authorized execution of construction-related expenses through the Illinois Department of Transportation for $228,330 and an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Village of Northbrook related to the construction of an 8- to 10-foot-wide multi-use path along the east side of Shermer Road and under the Union Pacific Railroad overpass from West Lake Avenue to Willow Road.
- Authorized the execution of a three-year contract extension with ILT Vignocchi of Wauconda, Ill. for landscaping services in The Glen Town Center for an estimated $139,536.
- Authorized a one-year contract with two one-year extensions with North American Corporation of Glenview for janitorial supplies for an estimated $34,726.
- Authorized rejecting bids for the purchase and installation of a Point-to-Point Microwave solution for up to six public building sites, with the intent of reissuing a bid with further specification on bandwidth, microwave and tower construction.
- Preliminarily approved amended the Glenview Municipal Code to include land-use restrictions associated with the sale and use of tobacco, electronic cigarettes and alternative nicotine products. These restrictions established Provisions were included allowing land uses principally comprised of the sale of these products permissible zoning districts for land uses principally comprised of the sale of these products, and would restrict any permissible or conditional land use from opening within 1,000 feet of any pre-existing public or private preschool or elementary or secondary school or junior college or university, or day care center or day care home, or group day care home or part day child care facility, or playground, or public library, or other building used for educational or recreational programs for persons under the age of 21 years.