April 4, 2019
- Approved a proclamation declaring April 26, 2019 Arbor Day in the Village of Glenview.
- Gave final approval to a conditional use, final site plan review, preliminary subdivision and zoning variations to allow building additions, interior remodeling, signage and associated site plan modifications at the Glenview Ice Center, 1851 Landwehr Road.
- Authorized a bid award to DiMeo Brothers Inc. of Elk Grove Village for up to $5,340,438 to construct the East of Harms Phase II improvement project, which includes installing about one mile of water main, storm sewer and sanitary sewer and improving roadways on Wilmette Avenue, Heatherfield Lane, Sherwood Road, Beech Drive, Mark Drive and the Avoca West School parking lot.
- Authorized a one-year contract with Arrow Road Construction of Mount Prospect for $39,600 for temporary roadway patch to repair potholes when the weather is too cold for asphalt plants to produce permanent roadway patch.
- Authorized a contract with G&L Contractors Inc. of Skokie for $225,200 to haul debris and deliver aggregate material from job sites.
- Accepting the site infrastructure improvements for Westgate at The Glen subdivision, a 29-acre multifamily development near Shermer Road and West Lake Avenue, to be recorded in the Village's inventory in accordance with GASB 34 financial requirements to track Village-wide asset valuation.
- Authorized spending up to $409,615 for the Village's May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020 workers' compensation and property/casualty insurance program.
- Authorized an optional one-year renewal to Cannon Cochran Management Services Inc. for $41,959 for claims administration services from May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020.
- Amended the 2019 annual budget in the amount of $36,000 to continue communication, engineering, lobbying and legal consultations related to the proposed Amtrak Hiawatha expansion project, which includes installing a 2-mile freight holding track through west Glenview.
- Authorized an Intergovernmental Agreement between the Village of Glenview and the Glenview Park District regarding a land swap of property on the Fire Station 8 parcel and the Glenview Ice Center parcel.
- Authorized an Intergovernmental Agreement between the Village of Glenview and the Glenview Park District regarding a former conservation covenant area on property owned by Delta Hotels.
- Authorized a Development Agreement with the Delta Hotels property owner regarding the donation of land at 1400 Milwaukee Avenue.
- Authorized spending $27,750 to Rave Wireless Inc. for Rave Alert for Public Safety, a rapid notification solution that allows the integration of the Smart911 profiles with public emergency notifications.
- Preliminarily approved ordinances amending the Municipal Code relating to the regulation of sweepstakes machines and the licensing and regulation of raffles.
- Authorized execution of an amendment to the Purchase and Sale Agreement with The Drake Group for 1850 Glenview Road, the former Bess Hardware site. In exchange for Drake increasing retail tenant space to up to 3,500 square feet from 718 square feet, the Village will apply up to a $274,482 credit and construct a roadway connection from Glenview Road to Depot Street and eight public parking stalls.