September 3, 2019
- Was briefed on special appropriations requests for 2020 and 2021 from Youth Services of Glenview/Northbrook, North Shore Senior Center (for Senior Services located at Village Hall), Josselyn Center, Family Service Center and Art for Life.
- Gave final approval to amend the Glenview Municipal Code associated with the sale and use of tobacco, electronic cigarettes and alternative nicotine products. Consistent with the new state of Illinois law, sales of such products are prohibited to persons under age 21, increased from age 18. Possession of such products remains restricted locally for anyone under age 18. Amended land uses in the code to restrict any tobacco-related business from opening within 1,000 feet of any pre-existing public or private preschool or elementary or secondary school or junior college or university, or day care center or day care home, or group day care home or part day child care facility, or playground, or public library, or other building used for educational or recreational programs for persons under the age of 21 years.
- Authorized a contract with Comcast Business of Naperville for data connectivity services for three years for $423,646 relating to police and fire dispatch.
- Approved a number of updates for the Village of Glenview Employee Handbook and adopted the "Pay Grade and Position Classification Program" for non-union positions.
- Approved a resolution restating the Section 125 Plan Document to allow employee payroll deductions for vision and dental premiums to be deducted on a pre-tax basis.
- Authorized a professional services agreement with Mission Critical Partners of port Matilda, Penn. To complete a public safety communications assessment and strategic plan for up to $59,335.
- Approved a plat of subdivision for two lots of record to provide single-ownership of property for the existing Walgreens in the Glenbrook Marketplace, 2823-2871 Pfingsten Road, to allow for a sale of the land comprising the Walgreens parcel to Walgreens.
- Amended a consulting agreement with Morrill & Fiedler to provide Illinois Government Relations representation for 2019 and 2020 for a total $80,000, and amended the fiscal year 2019 budget to add $20,000 to cover 2019 services.
- Authorized execution of a three-year contract extension with Tovar Snow Professionals Inc. of East Dundee, Ill. for snow and ice removal services in The Glen Town Center for an estimated $295,800.
- Authorized three-year contracts for snow and ice removal services with Snow Systems of Wheeling, Ill. for an estimated annual amount of $219,000 and Langton Group of Woodstock, Ill. for an estimated annual amount of $304,435.
- Approved a resolution in support of a request by Abt Electronics, 1000-1200 Milwaukee Avenue, for a Cook County 6b economic development incentive to facilitate construction of 365,000-square-foot warehouse expansion, 27,000-square-foot recycling center, fuel station, electronic message sign, a service road and associated site improvements.
- Referred to the Plan Commission discussion on recommending the Glenview Municipal Code be amended to prohibit the sale of recreational cannabis and ban recreational cannabis business establishments in Glenview, when recreational cannabis use and sales become legal in Illinois January 1, 2020.