May 7, 2019
- Swore in Trustees Michael Jenny, Mary W. Cooper and Chuck Gitles to 4-year terms.
- Gave final approval to an ordinance for conditional use for Congregation Ahavat Olam to allow portions of Anthem Memory Care, 1879 Chestnut Avenue, periodically as a facility devoted to religious worship. The operation of religious facilities is permitted only as a conditional use in residentially-zoned areas.
- Appointed Village Manager Matt Formica to a two-year term on the Board of Directors of the Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County beginning May 1, 2019, and Village President James R. Patterson Jr. as a Village Alternate Director.
- Approved 2019 special events and associated temporary road closures and parking restrictions for Summer Festival, July 4th parade and twilight show, Art at The Glen, Summer Art Fair, Summer Sounds Concert Series, Glenview Park District Triathlon, Greek Festival at Sts. Peter and Paul Greek Orthodox Church, Oktoberfest at Glenview House and St. Catherine Laboure Processional.
- Authorized execution of one-year contracts with three one-year extensions for water and sewer parts with Core and Maine of Lake Bluff; Joseph D. Foreman & Co. of Lake Barrington; Water Products Co. of Aurora; Mid-American Water of Wauconda; and Ziebell Water Services Products of Elk Grove Village for an estimated annual cost of $137,777.
- Authorized a one-year contract with a one-year extension with Arrow Road Construction of Mount Prospect for an estimated $47,580 to purchase asphalt hot-mix.
- Authorized a three-year contract with two one-year extensions with Patriot Pavement of Des Plaines for crack sealing services. The work was bid with six other communities through the Municipal Partnering Initiative.
- Waived the administrative rules and approved on first reading a 120-day moratorium on cigar stores, tobacconists, hookah establishments and all other land uses principally comprised of the sale and/or use of tobacco and alternative nicotine products. New businesses in this land use category would be forbidden from opening until a review of potential text amendments to the Municipal Code can be completed.
- Preliminarily approved a comprehensive plan amendment, official map amendment, rezoning, final site plan review, preliminary subdivision and zoning variations for Paulownia Pointe, 1705-1715 Greenwood Road and 1704-1714 Pickwick Lane, to allow the development of four three-unit rowhome buildings with a total of 12 units.