October 15, 2019
- Gave final approval to amending the Glenview Municipal Code to establish a resident-only parking restriction from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on school days on both sides from 1319-1327 Cariann Lane and 208-230 Mark Drive.
- Authorized the purchase of computers, cameras and communications equipment from CDS Office Technologies of Itasca for $62,180 to outfit four new replacement police vehicles and one fire vehicle.
- Authorized a three-year contract with USIC to locate utilities on Village-owned underground infrastructure from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 for an estimated yearly amount of $184,580. The work was bid through the Municipal Partnering Initiative with two other municipalities.
- Authorized a three-year contract with B & B Holiday Decorating LLC of Des Plaines for holiday lights, holiday greens, banners and flags in The Glen Town Center, downtown Glenview and the downtown and Glen of North Glenview train stations, including:
- Banner and flag installation and removal services for an estimated annual $22,560
- Holiday lighting installation and removal services for an estimated annual $50,028
- Holiday decorations for an estimated annual $34,562
- Appointed Deputy Fire Chief Mike Rutkowski as the Village's delegate and Interim Fire Chief Tony DeRose as one of the Village's alternate delegates to the Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy.
- Preliminarily granted a conditional use and final site plan review to allow installation of a new playground at the northwest corner of the Willow Creek Community Church's North Shore campus at 2200 Shermer Road, and amendments to the permitted operations on the property, a conditional use in the R-1 Residential District.
- Preliminarily approved a conditional use to allow Star Auto, an automobile sales and repair facility at 214 Greenwood Road, Suites A-C, to add internet-based vehicle sales as an accessory use to the business, a conditional use in the B-2 General Business District.
- Preliminarily granted a comprehensive plan amendment and official map amendment for 1205 Milwaukee Avenue, which is owned by the Glenview Park District, and rezoning from I-1 Limited Commercial District to P-1 Public Lands District to allow for the consolidation of the parcel with the remainder of The Grove for restoration of native prairie and preservation as open space.