July 18, 2019
- Regarding the 8.58-acre property at 3365 Willow Road where Glenview Chase LLC plans to construct up to 29 new single-family residences as the Parkside of Glenview subdivision, a public hearing was continued to August 6 regarding a resolution to execute an annexation agreement; an ordinance granting the annexation; and an ordinance granting rezoning, planned development, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision.
- Gave final approval to a conditional use and final site plan review for Target, 2241 Willow Road, to allow the operation of a drive-through use for parcel pick-up, a B-3 General Service District use in the B-2 General Business District, as an accessory to an existing retail use.
- Authorized the purchase of Microsoft Windows Server 2019 licensing from CDW-G of Vernon Hills for $52,677 to replace the 2008 server for which product support will not be available after January 2020.
- Authorized execution of a contract extension with InterDev LLC of Atlanta, Ga., for shared information technology service for $579,687 annually for staffing and $26,784 for software licensing.
- Adopted a resolution opposing the extension of the Special Use Permit for the Patriot Acres Composting facility at 9800 Central Road in unincorporated Cook County. The permit, which is scheduled to be heard by the Cook County Board of Commissioners July 25, would allow operation of an organized discard composting facility on the former Sexton landfill.
- Authorized execution of a five-year contract with three one-year extensions to Rehrig Pacific Company of Pleasant Prairie, Wis. for refuse and recycling carts for $60,000 in 2019.
- Authorized the execution of one-year contracts with three one-year extensions for Patriot Boulevard median landscaping services with Landscape Concepts Management Inc. of Grayslake; J.M. Irrigation LLC of Volo, Ill.; and ILT Vignocchi Inc. of Wauconda for an estimated $178,641.
- Preliminarily granted a zoning variation for Plaza de Prado, 2709-2797 Pfingsten Road, to allow current and proposed land uses in various combinations within the shopping center, with a total 631 parking stalls instead of a minimum of up to 696 parking stalls. The property owner would be required to manage tenants to ensure a staggering of peak operating times throughout the day to ensure that demand for parking would be commensurate with available parking.
- Preliminarily approved a comprehensive plan amendment, official map amendment and rezoning for 1500 Portage Run from R-E Residential District to P-1 Public Lands District to allow for the consolidation of the property with the remainder of The Grove for restoration of native prairie preservation as open space.