December 3, 2019
- Adopted an annual budget for the Village of Glenview for the fiscal year commencing January 1, 2020 and ending December 31, 2020.
- Gave final approval to the 2019 property tax levy ordinance, which calls for a 2019 extended levy for the Village of $12,664,702, representing a 0.88 percent, or $110,339, increase compared to the Village's 2018 final extended levy, attributable to an increase in the levy for Equalized Assessed Valuation of new construction and newly annexed property for the 2018 tax year. Additionally, the Glenview Public Library is proposing a 2019 levy of $8,386,743, which includes a 0.62 percent, or $51,857, increase in the 2019 debt service compared to the Library's 2018 final extended levy related to the 2016A refunding bond issue required to fund the new building. The ordinance will be on the December 3 Board agenda for final consideration.
- Gave final approval to 2019 Property Tax Abatement Ordinances totaling $7,590,573, of which about 94 percent is related to redevelopment of The Glen. After the effect of abatements and the loss provision added by Cook County, the 2019 Proposed Extended Levy for the Village would generate $21,051,445, 0.78 percent more than the 2018 final extended levy. The ordinances will be on the December 3 Board agenda for final consideration.
- Gave final approval to ordinances to amend the Glenview Municipal Code to amend fees charged by the Village including changes which:
- Increases ambulance transport rates for residents, non-residents and the per-mile fee by 3 percent
- Increases the fixed water charge by 2 percent to $7.01 per 1,000 gallons and increases the fixed sanitary sewer charge by 1.75 percent to $1.41 per 1,000 gallons.
- Removes redundant text related to service fees in various sections of the Municipal Code and directs the reader to the consolidation of fees and costs collected by the village for various services in Chapter 30-1.
- Gave final approval to amending the Municipal Code to increase the number of Class G liquor licenses, which authorizes the retail sale of packaged alcoholic liquor in a store, establishment or facility in which the primary and principal business is the sale at retail of other services, goods, wares and merchandise, to 16 from 15 and the number of Class E liquor licenses, which authorizes the retailer located in Glenview to make retail sales and deliveries of packaged alcoholic liquor, to 24 from 0.
- Gave final approval to amending the Municipal Code to incorporate changes made to the Illinois statute on July 19, 2019, related to the licensing and regulation of raffles within the Village of Glenview.
- Gave final approval to establish Special Service Area (SSA) 70 to facilitate installation of storm sewers and Special Service Area (SSA) 98 to facilitate installation of curb and gutter for Longvalley Road from Lehigh Avenue to Harlem Avenue. An SSA is a financing method for property owners to fund capital improvements benefiting a defined area.
- Gave final approval to establish Special Service Area (SSA) 96 to facilitate installation of curb and gutter and storm sewer for Woodland Drive between Central Road and Coronet Road. An SSA is a financing method for property owners to fund capital improvements benefiting a defined area.
- Gave final approval to a Planned Development amendment and final site plan review to permit construction of an addition to the existing clubhouse building at Valley Lo Towers, 1901 Chestnut Avenue, and associated site modifications within the P-D Planned Development Residential District.
- Regarding the extension of development approvals for the Kohl Children's Museum, 2100 Patriot Boulevard, gave final approval to extending the term of approval of final site plan approval and an extension of the term of approval of zoning variations for a period of one year to expire December 21, 2020.
- Authorized a memorandum of understanding between the Village of Glenview and the Glenview Public Library to provide financial, human resources and public works services from 2020 through 2022 for an estimated three-year total of $388,327.
- Authorized a multi-year agreement with ClearCompany for applicant tracking and new hire onboarding services in the estimated annual amount of $17,739.
- Authorized a three-year contract with Advanced Cleaning Systems for custodial services at Village-owned and maintained facilities from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2022 in the estimated annual amount of $182,216.
- Amended a contract with Fitch & Associates for additional consulting services to complete an evaluation of the Fire Department in the estimated additional amount of $15,000.
- Authorized purchase of replacement computer server equipment from Paragon Micro of Lake Zurich for the Glenview Public Safety Dispatch Center for $52,757.
- Amended an intergovernmental agreement with the Village of Niles to decrease the recurring fixed monthly charge for maintaining a fiber connection to the Glenview Public Safety Dispatch Center to $720.68 from $895, as per a renegotiated contract with Comcast.
- Authorized the purchase of 5,000 tons of rock salt for the 2019-2020 winter season from the State of Illinois and Lake County's rock salt joint purchasing programs for an estimated $372,690.
- Authorized a contract with Continental Flooring Co. of Scottsdale, Ariz., for carpet replacement at the Municipal Center in the estimated amount of $38,480.
- Authorized approval of a Class E and Class G liquor license for Aldi, 2195 Willow Road, which allows for the retail sale of packaged alcoholic liquor in a store, establishment or facility in which the primary and principal business is the sale at retail or other services, goods, wares and merchandise and allows the retail sales and deliveries of packaged alcoholic liquor; and authorized approval of Class E liquor license renewals for 2020 for 23 current Class C, G H and K liquor license holders, which allows the retail sales and deliveries of packaged alcoholic liquor.
- Approved an Intergovernmental Agreement between the Village of Glenview and the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services to conform with the change of methods and standards of payment for participating municipal ambulance providers that would allow them the ability to seek additional reimbursement for unrecovered costs associated with these transports.
- Authorized a real estate donation agreement with the Delta Hotels property owner regarding the donation of 3.25 acres of land at 1400 Milwaukee Avenue. The property is part of an evaluation of whether access from the I-294 Tollway to Milwaukee Avenue could be established.
- Preliminarily granted final site plan review and preliminary subdivision for GW Property Group LLC to allow construction of four new single-story retail buildings at 2660 Pfingsten Road.