January 7, 2020
- Gave final approval for granting final site plan review and preliminary subdivision for GW Property Group, LLC to construct four new single-story retail buildings at 2660 Pfingsten Road.
- Authorized the Northern Illinois Municipal Electric Collaborative to conduct bid auctions for electricity supply for the Village’s water pumping stations, sewer lift stations, parking decks, train stations and streetlights.
- Authorized the purchase of four additional software licenses for ProQA Emergency Dispatch software and one year software maintenance from Priority Dispatch Corp. of Salt Lake City for $15,000, bringing the total 2020 budget to $25,350. The software provides standardized emergency medical dispatch instructions to callers requesting medical assistance.
- Approved a plat of subdivision for one new lot of record at 1205 Central Road to allow for the construction of a new single-family detached residence.
- Authorized a bid award for Kovilic Construction Co. of Franklin Park, Ill. for up to $723,109 for extending storm sewers along Wagner Road and Woodlawn and providing future connections to other streets, as part of a larger project to construct storm water improvements along Wagner Road and other local roads in the Glen Oak Acres neighborhood, funded by a $1 million U.S. Army Corps of Engineers grant.
- Authorized amendments to the Master Agreement with Glenview State Bank, confirming and extending its pricing for banking services through June 30, 2020 with no fee increases.
- Authorized execution of the second agreement to the Purchase and Sale Agreement between the Village of Glenview and The Drake Group regarding the sale of 1850 Glenview Road, the 0.954 parcel consisting of the former Bess Hardware site, a portion of Village right of way and a portion of land formerly owned by Metra. The amended agreement extends the approvals period to July 23, 2020 to provide sufficient time for plan review and Village Board consideration of the final recommended project.
- Preliminarily amended Chapter 98 (Zoning) of the Glenview Municipal Code in response to requests for larger scoreboards at sports facilities and proposed window signage previously reviewed as part of the Glenview Park District Ice Center expansion project. The amendment applied to elementary and secondary school, public or private, and government agencies adds regulations for front, side, and rear wall signs and requirements for a conditional use for scoreboards as an accessory use.
- Preliminarily granted a comprehensive plan amendment, official map amendment, rezoning, planned development, conditional use, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision for Abt Electronics, 1000-1200 Milwaukee Avenue and 1000 Zenith Drive, to allow the construction of a warehouse expansion, recycling center, fuel station, electronic message sign, service road and associated site iimprovements.