January 21, 2020
- Gave final approval to amending Chapter 98 (Zoning) of the Glenview Municipal Code in response to requests for larger scoreboards at sports facilities and proposed window signage previously reviewed as part of the Glenview Park District Ice Center expansion project. The amendment applied to elementary and secondary school, public or private, and government agencies adds regulations for front, side, and rear wall signs and requirements for a conditional use for scoreboards as an accessory use.
- Gave final approval to granting a comprehensive plan amendment, official map amendment, rezoning, planned development, conditional use, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision for Abt Electronics, 1000-1200 Milwaukee Avenue and 1000 Zenith Drive, to allow the construction of a warehouse expansion, recycling center, fuel station, electronic message sign, service road and associated site improvements.
- Adopted a Memorandum of Understanding between the Mutal Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS)-Illinois and the Village of Glenview regarding participation and membership in the Illinois Urban Search and Rescue Task Force.
- Authorized the Village to enter into telecommunciations agreements with Call One of Chicago for an estimated $96,760 for fiscal year 2020 and a total three-year estimated $290,280 to provide local telecommunication services for all Village facilities.
- Authorized a three-year contract with Balanced Environments for $144,128 annually to remove trees and stumps and surveying services and a three-year contract with Advanced Tree Care for $56,110 annually to trim trees.
- Approved a collective bargaining agreement between the Village of Glenview and the International Union of Operating Engineers-Local 150 for Glenview Maintenance Equipment Operators for the term of January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2026.