February 4, 2020
- Discussed a draft Economic Development and Business Support Services Agreement between the Village of Glenview and the Glenview Chamber of Commerce to increase coordination of efforts toward shared goals of enhancing the Village's economic stability.
- Gave final approval to amend Chapter 6 of the Glenview Municipal Code to increase the number of Class A liquor licenses to 48 from 46, the number of Class B liquor licenses to 15 from 14 and the number of Class F liquor licenses to 4 from 3. Then, authorized approval of a Class A liquor licenses for X-Golf, 2847 Pfingsten Road, and Jibek Jolu, 2601 Aviator Lane, which authorizes the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises where food is sold; a Class B liquor license for Funtopia, 2050 Tower Drive, which authorizes the sale of beer and wine for consumption on the premises where food is sold; and a Class F liquor license for Anthony Vince Nail Spa, 2620 Navy Boulevard, which authorizes the sale of alcohol by the glass for consumption on the premises in an establishment where the primary and principal business is the provision of health and beauty personal services.
- Increased spending authority in the amount of $8,354.23 for consulting services related to state legislation aimed at improvement collection of internet sales taxes. An initial law was passed in mid-2019 and amended in November 2019, sales tax legislation. The additional funds will be pay the remainder of the consultant’s bill.
- Authorized the Village to obtain permits from the Illinois Department of Transportation to perform work within IDOT right-of-way from February 4, 2020 to December 31, 2021. The permits are required every two years and waive the requirement of posting a surety bond.
- Authorized a contract amendment for emergency contractor assistance for water and sewer infrastructure repairs for up to $160,000 with Kloepfer Construction of Northbrook, DiMeo Brothers of Elk Grove Village and Mark Meade Excavators of Grayslake, for the final year of a three-year contract.
- Preliminarily approved granting zoning variation for Valley Lo Towers, 1910 Chestnut Avenue, to allow construction of a ground sign with an area of 32.5 square feet instead of the maximum permissible sign area of 5 square feet.