February 18, 2020
- Preliminarily established Special Service Area 70 and 98, which would fund installation of storm sewers and curb and gutter for Longvalley Road from Lehigh Avenue to Harlem Avenue, and Special Service Area 96, which would fund installation of curb and gutter and storm sewers for Woodland Drive, all effective April 20, 2020.
- Authorized execution of two-year contract extensions for architectural and engineering services with Cardogan Clark & Associates of Aurora and Kluber Architects & Engineers of Batavia for various Village owned facility repair and replacement projects.
- Authorized a five-year agreement with the Suburban Tree Consortium for the purchase about 800 trees for the Village’s annual parkway tree planting program.
- Authorized an additional $12,864 to cover 2019 spending and a three-year contract with two one-year extensions regarding gun range maintenance and as-needed services with Best Technology Systems Inc.
- Authorized an additional $42,550 to cover 2019 spending for traffic signal maintenance and as-needed repairs with Lyons Electric Company Inc.
- Authorized a bid award to DiMeo Brothers Inc. of Elk Grove Village for up to $2,764,508 for the Parkview/Washington/Montgomery reconstruction project.
- Authorized a bid award to DiMeo Brothers Inc. of Elk Grove Village for up to $1,608,702 for the Church Street and Hunter Road reconstruction project.
- Approved an Economic Development and Business Support Services Agreement between the Village of Glenview and the Glenview Chamber of Commerce.
- Gave final approval to granting zoning variation for Valley Lo Towers, 1910 Chestnut Avenue, to allow construction of a ground sign with an area of 32.5 square feet instead of the maximum permissible sign area of 5 square feet.
- Preliminarily granted conditional use approval for the Loyola Academy scoreboard at 1901 Johns Drive.
- Preliminarily approved an ordinance granting vacation of right-of-way, planned development, rezoning, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision approval for a mixed-used building at 1850 Glenview Road, the former Bess Hardware site. The second reading is scheduled at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 3.