May 28, 2020
- Reviewed a COVID-19 Financial Response Plan.
- Referred to the Plan Commission for its recommendation whether to establish a temporary moratorium on any new developments in the downtown Glenview business district while an Economic Development Strategic Plan is created and implemented, the Downtown Revitalization Plan is updated and any other adjustments are made to the Village's downtown regulations and future vision. The public hearing likely would be scheduled June 23.
- Extended the Declaration of a Local State of Emergency, originally issued April 8, to allow the Village to continue to take necessary actions to effectively and swiftly respond to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, including operational changes to protect the health and safety of Village employees, ensuring continuity of essential public services and changes to regulations in order to support local businesses.
- Authorized a three-year contract with Chicagoland Paving of Lake Zurich for asphalt patching services, which was bid jointly with five other communities through the Municipal Partnership Initiative, at an estimated annual cost of $150,000.
- Authorized a three-year contract with American Underground Inc. for closed circuit television inspection of storm and sanitary sewers, which was bid jointly with four other communities through the Municipal Partnership Initiative, for an estimated annual cost of $204,805.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension with Cannon Cochran Management Services Inc. for $42,641 to provide claims administration services for workers' compensation, liability, auto and property damage claims.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension with Arrow Road Construction Co. of Mount Prospect for $30,240 to purchase asphalt hot-mix material to patch sections of roadway where excavation has occurred or on sections of roadway where the surface requires replacement, and a one-year contract extension for $14,640 through May 31, 2021.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension with Construction & Geotechnical Material Testing Inc. of Elk Grove Village for $66,961 for independent pavement material testing services to ensure roadway reconstruction and resurfacing specifications are met.
- Authorized a one-year agreement with Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services for up to $506,666 for the Village's worker's compensation and property/casualty insurance program from May 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension with ADS LLC of Huntsville, Ala. for $45,000 for water system leak detection and survey services to identify leaks in water mains that are undetectable from the surface.
- Authorized a three-year contract with Lakeshore Recycling Systems LLC of West Chicago for street sweeping services, which was bid jointly with two other communities through the Municipal Partnership Initiative, for an annual estimated cost of $112,662.
- Authorized a contract with ATP Enterprise Group Inc. of Northfield for $116,000 for environmental clean-up and painting at the West Lake Pump Station.
- Authorized additional spending authority for tree trimming services with Advanced Tree Care for $42,224 to cover unexpected trimming costs for many large, mature trees.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension with YMI Group of Elk Grove Village for $51,896 for heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) preventative maintenance and as-needed repairs at Village facilities, as bid through the Municipal Partnership Initiative.
- Awarded a contract to Lenny Hoffman Excavating Inc. of Wilmette for $1,252,851 to construct storm system improvements on Longvalley Road from Harlem Avenue to Lehigh Avenue.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension with Precision Pavement Marking Inc. of Elgin for $64,876 to repaint or repair roadway pavement markings and reflectors, which was bid jointly with 11 other communities through the Municipal Partnership Initiative.
- Authorized execution of an amendment to the agreement for Municipal Advisor services with Piper Sandler & Co. of Chicago to May 31, 2024.
- Authorized execution of one-year contract extensions for water and sewer parts purchases with Core and Main of Lake Bluff; Joseph D. Foreman & Co. of Lake Barrington; Water Products Co. of Aurora; Mid-American Water of Wauconda; and Ziebell Water Services Products of Elk Grove Village to maintain and repair the Village's water, sewer and stormwater systems.
- Awarded a contract to Bolder Contractors Inc. of Cary for up to $3,094,747 to construct improvements to the storm sewer system on Woodland Drive from Central Road to Coronet Road and on Longvalley Road from Woodland Drive to the cul-de-sac.
- Gave final approval to amending the Glenview Municipal Code to increase the number of Class A liquor licenses to 49 from 48, Class F liquor licenses to 5 from 4, and Class L liquor licenses to 9 from 8 to accommodate applications.
- Authorized a sublease agreement with Manuel Leyva and Jorge Mitre to operate a coffee shop at The Glen of North Glenview Metra station, 2301 Lehigh Avenue, through November 2022.
- Authorized an intergovernmental agreement between the Village of Glenview and the Village of Golf to provide a sanitary sewer connection to allow two residential properties in Golf to connect to the Glenview sewer system located on Overlook Drive.
- Approved a Memorandum of Understanding between the Village of Glenview and the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 150 giving consent for the Village, through the online Commercial Driver's License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse, to perform and complete annual “limited query" required of Commercial Driver's License holders.
- Exercised the three optional one-year extensions plus six months to extend the On Time Embroidery contract for Fire Department uniform services from July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2023, in the amount of each fiscal year's approved budgeted amount.
- Authorized approval of Class A liquor license for So Bella Cucina, 1941 Tower Drive, and John's Garage, 1800 Tower Drive, which authorizes the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises where food is sold; a Class F liquor license for Nail Art Studio, 3550 Milwaukee Avenue, which authorizes the sale of alcohol by the glass for consumption on the premises in an establishment in which the primary and principal business is the provision of health and beauty personal services; and a Class L liquor license for The Laughing Academy, 3230 Glenview Road, which authorizes the consumption of beer and wine only that is brought onto the premises (BYOB) where food is provided for consumption.
- Authorized a five-year contract with Backflow Solutions Inc. of Alsip for $290,702 to manage the Village's backflow device program.
- Authorized the rejection of bids for the 2020 street resurfacing and Minor Area Repair Strategy (MARS) program and rebid to obtain lower per unit pricing, with work commencing after July 4.