July 6, 2021
- Gave final approval on an amendment to the Village of Glenview Vehicles and Traffic Ordinance to enact parking restrictions on Concord Lane, Cambria Court, and Avalon Court.
- Gave final approval on an Ordinance to increase the number of ex-officio members from one to up to two members in the Natural Resources Commission.
- Gave final approval on text amendments to Chapter 54 – Planning, and Chapter 98 – Zoning, of the Glenview Municipal Code relating to the scope of development requests eligible for administrative approval.
- Approved Resolutions pertaining to the Fire Station Alerting purchase and installation to 1). authorize a contract amendment with U.S. Digital Designs for the purchase of Fire Station Alerting infrastructure in the amount of $17,437.47; and 2). authorize a contract amendment with DigiCom Inc. for the installation of hardware and software in the amount of $12,275.00.
- Approved a two-year contract with two optional one-year extensions with Hayes Mechanical of Chicago, Illinois for HVAC preventative maintenance and as-needed repair services.
- Approved a one-year contract extension, from July 6, 2021 through July 5, 2021 with Al Warren Oil Co. Inc. of Hammond, Indiana, to supply fuel for the Village's fleet.
- Approved a Resolution to purchase a Police vehicle from Currie Motors, Frankfort, IL for a cost of $40,017.00 plus a 2 percent contingency for a total of $40,817.00.
- Approved Resolutions and wavier of competitive bidding pertaining to the purchase of ballistic vests for 1). a contract with Ray O'Herron Company of Downers Grove, IL, for the purchase of ballistic vests and accessory pouches in the amount of $108,600.00; and 2). a contract with Strike Tactical Solutions of Lake Zurich, IL, for the purchase of rifle caliber ballistic plates in the amount of $35,100.00.
- Approved the voucher list for July 6, 2021.
- Gave final approval for a 5-year Cable Television Franchise Agreement with Comcast XI, LLC for the period covering June 15, 2021 through June 14, 2026.
- Preliminarily approved an Ordinance amending the Glenview Municipal Code – Chapter 6, Alcoholic Beverages to increase the number of Class A liquor licenses from 52 to 55, Class D liquor licenses from 4 to 5, and Class H liquor licenses from 8 to 9.
- Reviewed and provided feedback of a draft Economic Development Strategic Plan and a draft Downtown Strategic Plan, resulting from the culmination of the Glenview Connect process.