April 5, 2022
- Declared a Proclamation declaring April 29, 2022 as Arbor Day in the Village of Glenview.
- Recognized the retirement of Fire Pension Board Trustee Mike Caplis.
- Recognized outgoing New Development Commissioner Steve Toomey.
- Appointed Samuel Ach to the New Development Commission.
- Held a public hearing and established Special Service Area 74 for the installation of storm sewers and Special Service Area 102 for the installation of curb and gutter for Woodlawn Road from Wagner Road to Brandon Road. Upon completion of the project, the SSA costs will be split proportionately among the participating property owners and repaid through their property tax bill over a 20-year period at an approximate interest rate of 5 percent.
- Held a public hearing and established Special Service Area 67 for the installation of storm sewers and Special Service Area 101 for the installation of curb and gutter for Central Road from Harlem Avenue to Lehigh Avenue. Upon completion of the project, the SSA costs will be split proportionately among the participating property owners and repaid through their property tax bill over a 20-year period at an approximate interest rate of 5 percent.
- Approved three Resolutions authorizing three Intergovernmental Agreements for dispatch services for a period of ten years with:
Approved a Resolution to utilize the Northwest Municipal Conference Joint Purchasing Program to purchase one ambulance from Foster Coach Sales of Sterling, Illinois for a total cost not to exceed $324,877.Approved a Resolution authorizing the purchase of a Stryker Power Load Cot System from Stryker Corporation of Kalamazoo MI. to be outfitted by Foster Coach for the cost of $58,127.50.Approved the following Resolutions pertaining the Glen Town Center parking dek repairs:
- Village of Grayslake;
- Village of Lindenhurst; and
- Grayslake Fire Protection District.
Approved a Resolution authorizing a contract amendment with Fountain Pros LLC of Wheeling, IL for fountain repair services in the amount of $32,298.Approved a Resolution authorizing and approving a three-year contract with three optional one-year extensions with Illinois Pump, Inc. of Rolling Meadows, Illinois for pump preventative maintenance and as-needed repair services.Approved a Resolution approving and authorizing a one-year contract extension with Superior Road Striping of Melrose Park, IL for pavement marking services in the amount of $64,876.Approved a Resolution for a Final Subdivision for the Ana Investments Subdivision at 114-116 Park Drive.Approved a Resolution authorizing a bid award and approving a contract with Lenny Hoffman Excavating, Inc. of Wilmette, Illinois for the Spruce Street, Birchwood Court, and Parkview Road Improvement Projects in the amount of $2,331,272 plus a three percent (3%) contingency, for an amount not to exceed $2,401,201.Approved the following Resolutions related to the Larch Avenue, Linneman Street, and Pfingsten Road Improvement Projects:
- Approved a contract with Blinderman Construction Co., Inc. of Chicago, IL for The Glen Town Center parking deck repairs in the amount of $3,725,113, plus an 8% contingency of $298,010, for a not-to-exceed amount of $4,023,123.
- Approved a contract amendment with Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. of Northbrook, IL for construction administration services in the amount of $233,345.
Approved a contract with A. Epstein and Sons International, Inc., of Chicago, IL for the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan Update in the amount not to exceed $104,485.Approved the voucher list for March 15, 2022.Approved the voucher list for April 5, 2022.Gave final approval of an Ordinance approving a variation for sign area for a residential identification sign for North Valley Lo at 1700-1844 Wildberry Lane.Preliminarily approved an Ordinance amending the Glenview Municipal Code – Chapter 6, Alcoholic Beverages, to increase the number of Class A liquor licenses from 49 to 50 and Class B liquor licenses from 13 to 14.Preliminarily approved an Ordinance approving a conditional use for an automotive sales business at 3032 North Lake Terrace.Preliminarily approved an Ordinance approving text amendments to Chapter 2, Administration, of the Municipal Code regarding the composition of the Glenview Development Commissions.Approved a Resolution adopting the Village of Glenview Urban Forest Management Plan as recommended by the Environment and Natural Resources Commission.Approved a Resolution establishing the Village of Glenview Tree Planting Program as recommended by the Environment and Natural Resources Commission.
- Approved a contract award to H. Linden & Sons Sewer and Water, Inc., of Plano, Illinois, in the amount of $2,698,117 plus a two percent (2%) contingency, for an amount not to exceed $2,752,079;
- Approved an Amendment to 2022 Water Fund budget for the Projects in the amount of $250,000; and
- Approved an Intergovernmental Agreement with Northfield Township Road District related to resurfacing of Linneman Street.