July 2, 2019
- Appointed these firms for legal-related specializations: Village Attorney – Julie Tappendorf of Ancel Glink; Village Prosecutor – Robbins, Salomon & Patt; Employment Law – Clark, Baired & Smith; Labor Management – Lefkow Law.
- Gave final approval to a zoning variation for a wall sign for Napleton Hyundai and Genesis, 1610 Waukegan Road, to allow installation of a front wall sign with an area of 218.75 square feet instead of a maximum allowed 171.35 square feet.
- Gave final approval to a zoning variation for a ground sign for The Grove, 1421 Milwaukee Avenue, to allow construction of a ground sign with a sign area of 85.5 square feet instead of the maximum allowed 20 square feet.
- Gave final approval of a conditional use and final site plan review for Wagner Farm, 1510 Wagner Road, to allow construction of an accessory structure, educational and interpretive play features, and improved drainage, circulation and accessibility for visitors to the facilities.
- Gave final approval of a conditional use for the Center for Applied Aesthetics, 3633 West Lake Avenue, to allow a permanent cosmetics, microblading and micropigmentation business and a specialty school offering training in the field, both of which are conditional uses in the B-2 General Business District within existing tenant spaces.
- Gave final approval of a conditional use and final site plan review for Panera Bread, 2512 Waukegan Road, to allow construction of a building addition and drive-thru window and lane as an accessory use to an existing restaurant.
- Gave final approval to a Comprehensive Plan Amendment, Official Map Amendment, rezoning, planned development, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision review for Abt Electronics, 1000-1200 Milwaukee Avenue, to allow construction of a warehouse expansion, recycling center, fuel station, electronic message sign, service road and associated site improvements.
- Gave final approval to relocating four of eight existing two-hour parking restricted stalls along Railroad Avenue within the downtown area in order to provide greater parking convenience and create turnover for the adjacent businesses.
- Gave final approval to establishing 30-minute parking restrictions along Glenview Road for one space east of Pine Street and two spaces west of Church Street, in an effort to provide greater parking availability for the adjacent businesses.
- Authorized a contract with Bear Construction Company of Rolling Meadows to remove and replace Metra station doors for an estimated $91,669.
- Authorized execution of a conditional withdrawal notice to the Government IT Consortium, execution of which is conditioned upon an independent process to solicit current market pricing and selecting a technology service provider.
- Authorized a contract with National Heat & Power Corporation of Morton Grove for the installation of supplemental cooling systems for Glenview Fire Stations 13 and 14 for an estimated $72,191.
- Authorized execution of a contract to Visu-Sewer of Bridgeview, Ill. to line various sanitary and storm sewer mains throughout the Village in 2019 for up to $371,164.
- Preliminarily granted a conditional use and final site plan review for Target, 2241 Willow Road, to allow the operation of a drive-through use for parcel pick-up, a B-3 General Service District use in the B-2 General Business District, as an accessory to an existing retail use.