October 20, 2020
- Gave final approval to a planned development amendment and final site plan review for Enclave at The Grove, 1030-1104 Ironwood Court, to allow operational decks accessory to any of the 48 single-family detached residences with the P-D Planned Development District.
- Gave final approval to a zoning variation for Target, 2241 Willow Road, to allow the installation of new light pole fixtures upon existing light pole standards each at a height of 37 feet instead of the maximum allowed height of 20 feet.
- Gave final approval to amending the Glenview Municipal Code to increase the number of Class A liquor license from 45 to 46, and authorized a Class A liquor license for North Branch on Ice, 1851 Landwehr Road (inside the Glenview Ice Center) which permits the sale of all alcohol for consumption on the premises where food is sold.
- Supported applications for Illinois Transportation Enhancement Program federal grant funding for: pedestrian and streetscape improvements on Glenview Road and Lehigh/Harlem Avenue west of the Metra railroad tracks and pedestrian improvements at the Milwaukee Avenue-Zenith Drive intersection.
- Authorized a contract extension with Health Endeavors, S.C. for $70,635 for public safety annual and pre-employment physicals from November 1, 2020 through October 31, 2021.
- Authorized the purchase of 51 fully-automatic Zoll automated external defibrillators and accessories from Second Chance Cardiac Solutions of Yorkville, Ill. for $52,860.
- Preliminarily approved a conditional use to allow a 19-seat craft brewery and taproom at 1825 Waukegan Road, a conditional use in the B-2 General Business District.
- Preliminarily granted a conditional use, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision for building a 21,394-square-foot addition to Henking School, 2941 Linneman Street, for eight classrooms and a multi-purpose room; a 23,530-square-foot addition to Lyon School, 1353 Waukegan Road, for nine classrooms and a multi-purpose room; and two additions totaling 36,738 square feet to Westbrook School, 1333 Greenwood Road, for kindergarten and pre-kindergarten classrooms and a multi-purpose room, all to accommodate a new full-day kindergarten program.
- Preliminarily granted a conditional use, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision for building three additions totaling 37,260 square feet to Springman Middle School, 2701 Central Road, to house a gymnasium and locker rooms; science laboratory spaces; and a stairwell.