The water and/or sewer utility bills remain with the property. Contact the Village of Glenview Water Billing at (847) 724-3112 to sign up for new water and/or sewer service and to ensure that a final water read has already been scheduled by the previous owner/renter. The appointment should be made 7-10 business days prior to closing in order to ensure availability of the Village of Glenview Water Department.
If you are moving out of the Village of Glenview, contact us to schedule a final water read. The appointment should be made 7-10 business days prior to closing in order to ensure availability of the Village of Glenview Water Department. You are responsible for payment for the final water bill.
The Village of Glenview does not have a transfer stamp.
Understanding your water bill
Village of Glenview customers receive quarterly bills. The bills are dated the first of the billing month and are due on the 25th .
Explanation of charges and fees
A 10 percent penalty will be added to the current unpaid bill if payment is not received in full by the due date.
Non-sufficient funds charge (NSF)
A $25 service charge will be applied to your account for each check that is returned or ACH payment that is not honored by your bank.
Shut-off notice fee
A $25 service fee will be applied to your account each time a water service shut-off notice is issued to the service address. Shut-off notices can be issued for delinquent/non-compliance accounts or NSF payments.
Water service turn-on/turn-off fee
A $40 service fee will be applied to your account per trip for any call to such premises by a Village employee that is necessary because of the nonpayment of the water or sewer charge.
Water turn-on during 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday
If payment is made during the hours of 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday - Friday, and the water is to be turned on the same business day, the reinstatement fee is $80 ($40 turn-off and $40 turn-on). The delinquent amount must be paid in full prior to the service being reinstated.
Water turn-on during 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
If payment is made during the hours of 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, and the water is to be turned on the same business day, the reinstatement fee is $290 ($40 turn-off and $250 turn-on). The delinquent amount must be paid in full prior to the service being reinstated.
If payment is made during the hours of 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, and the water is to be turned on the next business day, the reinstatement fee is $80($40 turn-off and $40 turn-on). The delinquent amount must be paid in full prior to the service being reinstated.
Water turn-on during 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. Monday - Friday or on weekends/holidays
If water is to be reinstated after 5 p.m. to 8 a.m., Monday-Friday, or on weekends or holidays, the reinstatement fee is $290.00 ($40 turn-off and $250 turn on). A signed authorization form acknowledging that you agree to the fees is required at the time of reinstatement. The delinquent amount and reinstatement fees must be paid in full by 9 a.m. the next business morning. If payment is not received, the water service will be terminated and the same fees will apply.
Prior to water being turned back on, it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure faucets have been turned to the off position. The Village of Glenview is not responsible for any damages or water consumption.
How to make payments
Please use the envelope provided in your water bill and include the remittance portion of the bill with your payment. Include your account number on your check made payable to the Village of Glenview . Allow at least 7-10 business days for mail delivery and processing. Payment is not considered made until it has been received by the Village of Glenview Administrative Services Department.
You may also choose the following payment options:
- In-person (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday) at Village of Glenview, Village Hall, 2500 East Lake Avenue, Glenview, IL 60026 with cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover
- Online bill pay through your bank, which requires you to insert a name and address of payee. When prompted for this information enter: Village of Glenview and mail to 2500 East Lake Avenue, Glenview, IL 60026 .
- Online via Village of Glenview website Citizen Self Service and pay with Visa, MasterCard or Discover (no additional fees charged)
- Online via Illinois E-Pay website and pay with MasterCard, American Express, Discover or electronic check. A fee will be applied and collected by the State of Illinois that varies depending on the amount of the bill. The convenience fee schedule can be found on E-Pay's website.
- Sign up for the Automatic Debit Program from a checking or savings account by completing the direct debit agreement form. The amount due will be deducted from your account on the 25th of the billing month.