April 6, 2017
- Authorized a Class A liquor license for Café El Tapatio, 9707 Milwaukee Avenue, which allows for the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises where food is served.
- Preliminarily approved an ordinance declaring a 2006 Vac-Con model truck and a 2005 backhoe as surplus Village property in order to be traded-in for newer models.
- Preliminarily approved final site plan review, preliminary subdivision, and planned development for Park Place Glenview, 1225 Waukegan Road, a 26-unit residential development on the site of the former Village Hall.
- Authorized execution of an employment agreement with Matthew Formica for the position of Village Manager.
- Gave final approval to an ordinance for commercial setback variations to allow construction of a building addition to LCR Hallcrest, 3106 West Lake Avenue.
- Gave final approval to an ordinance granting conditional use, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision in order for the Glenbrook South High School, 4000 West Lake Avenue, to construct a concessions building adjacent to the existing sports field.
- Authorized expenditure of fiscal year 2017 funds for the Village's premiums and fees associated with participation in the High-Level Excess Liability Pool (HELP) for up to $141,133.
- Awarded a contract to Cannon Cochran Management Services Inc. of Lisle for claims administration services from May 1, 2017 through May 1, 2018 for up to $47,727.
- Authorized expenditures for the Village's workers' compensation and liability insurance policy renewal, for the policy year May 1, 2017 through May 1, 2018, for up to $332,997.
- Approved purchase and outfitting of seven Public Works Department vehicles and equipment for a total $618,504.75, including a Ford F-350 cab and chassis and components; two International 7400 dump trucks and components; an 85G Excavator; a Ford Transit Connect cargo van, a Ford Transit full-size van; and a Ford Explorer.
- Authorized execution of a one-year contract extension with G&L Contractors Inc. of Skokie for debris hauling and aggregate material delivery services for up to $264,435. The joint request for bids was done through the Municipal Partnership Initiative with the villages of Kenilworth, Niles and Northfield.
- Awarded a contract to DiMeo Brothers Inc. of Elk Grove Village for reconstruction of curbs and gutters, storm and sanitary sewer improvements, water main improvements and utilities replacement for streets in The Circles subdivision for up to $3,512,143.
- Awarded a contract to H. Linden & Sons Sewer and Water Inc. of Plano, Ill. for street improvements on Queens Lane, Becker Road and Balmoral Lane, including water main, storm and sanitary sewer and pavement improvements, for up to $998,933.
- Awarded a contract to Global Emergency Products of Aurora for fire aerial ladder truck repairs and certification for up to $77,482.