January 10, 2017
- Presented outgoing Village Manager Todd Hileman with a proclamation in his honor.
- Preliminarily voted to establish Special Service Area 97 for the installation of curb and gutter for 80 homes along Raleigh Road, Baffin Road, Drake Road, York Road, and Hudson Road in The Circles neighborhood. The SSA will fund the residents' share, which is 50 percent of the cost, to be repaid by them through a property tax assessment.
- Gave final approval for zoning variations for Lyon School, 1335 Waukegan Road, to allow construction of a parking lot accessory to an educational facility with fewer than the required number of landscape islands; and preliminarily granted a conditional use, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision to allow for the construction of an underground stormwater detention vault and parking lot expansion at the existing school.
- Waived the competitive bid process and approved a maintenance agreement with Motorola Solutions of Schaumburg for $103,522 for dispatch radio equipment.
- Authorized a Memorandum of Understanding between the Village of Glenview and the Glenview Public Library for financial, human resources, and public works services for 2017 through 2019 for a total $372,353.
- Awarded a contract to RoMAAS Inc. of Glen Ellyn for $1 million to renovate the interior of the 32-year-old Public Service Center, including existing office space; replacing building finishes; plumbing and electrical work for the reconfigured layout; and completing the mechanical and electrical work required to connect the new HVAC equipment initiated in 2016.
- Waived the competitive bid process and purchased three replacement police vehicles from Bredemann Ford of Glenview for a total $94,545.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension for $40,000 with Alpha Paintworks of Chicago for hydrant sandblasting and painting services. This work was bid with eight other municipalities through the Municipal Partnering Initiative.
- Appointed Deputy Village Manager Don Owen as Village Director on the Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County Board of Directors for a term expiring April 30, 2017, and as Village Director on the Northwest Municipal Conference Executive Board until his successor is appointed.
- Certified and authorized the Illinois Department of Transportation appropriation of $1.668 million Surface Transportation Program federal funds for the Glenview Road streetscape project to be constructed in 2017.
- Established the 2017 Consolidated Contractual Services Agreement with Baxter & Woodman for up to $2.861 million to provide engineering design, inspections, plan review, and maintenance management services within the Public Works and Community Development departments.
- Authorized renewal of a one-year agreement with General Dynamics Information Technology of Fairfax, Va. to periodically use the Police Station firing range, which is anticipated to provide between $82,000 and $107,000.
- Authorized construction-related funding for the Harlem Avenue reconstruction project with the Illinois Department of Transportation for $2.778 million, which is the local share. IDOT was required to bid and award the contract because Surface Transportation Program federal funds have been granted.
- Authorized the Northern Illinois Municipal Electric Collaborative to conduct bid auctions for electricity supply for the Village's pumping stations, parking decks, train stations, and street lights.
- Continued review of the proposed updates to the Glenview Comprehensive Plan.